Mike Doyle Design Studio was officially launched in January 2012 and has seen increasing success from a simple combination of professional and dedicated service at a very modest price point. My goal is to create a direct and sustainable relationship with clients and promote long term value for everyone involved.
A BRIEF HISTORY
Mike Doyle Design Studio was officially launched in January 2012. I began designing on a computer as a hobby in 1995 and eventually earned a paid position in 2004 for the Bluewater Recycling Association. Over the next 8 years, I gained valuable experience in many different mediums and formats. The most important realization was that I simply loved the work involved. A difficult decision was made to postpone enrollment in an MBA program, but I saw an immediate opportunity.
I applied the knowledge gained from a business degree in commercial studies to realize a unique niche market for small and medium businesses was growing: Companies that desired the branding, design and web presence reflecting their mission – at a budget under $5,000. Larger design agencies will often quote too much for many basic services, while many local freelance solutions produced low-quality, inconsistent work.
Fast forward 3 years later and the company has seen increasing success derived from a simple combination of clean, personal & modern services at a modest price point. In a saturated design market, my goal is to create a direct and sustainable relationship with customers. I value the trust of long term clients, and aim to provide a dependable, flexible and affordable solution.
In September 2015, we moved to Kingston Ontario due to a career opportunity in the ‘family’. I aim to bring the same level of service, dedication and detail to the local businesses and organizations in the area. It is an exciting new opportunity, and one I believe will lead to growth. I still deal with many long term clients in the London, Guelph, Burlington, Toronto & Scarborough areas – so I consider myself an ‘Ontario-based’ developer!
- HTML5 Web Design
- WordPress Web Design
- Custom Blog Design
- Landing Page Design
- One Page Web Design
- Responsive & Fluid Layout Designs
- Mobile Retina Friendly Web Design
- MIVA Merchant eCommerce Site
- Magento eCommerce Site
- CMS Driven Sites (DNN/Joomla/Drupal)
- Logo Design
- Vector Graphic Design
- Advertisement Design
- Product Packaging Design
- Billboard & Road Signage
- Floorplan Layout Design
- Website Skinning Design
- Photograph Manipulation
- Newspaper & Magazine Ads
- Company Branding Design
- Website Maintenance Services
- Search Engine Optimization
- Branding Strategies
- Professional Photography Packages
- Hosting Migration & Support
- Constant Contact & Mailchimp Services
- Facebook & Twitter Social Pages
- Proof Reading & Copywriting
- Business Plans & Competitive Analysis
- 24/7 Availability with no *Rush Charges*
- Bluewater Recycling Association – Recycling Collection & Material Recovery Facility
- The Woodview Inn – Luxury Hotel in Gananoque
- Xtivity Inc. – Global Inventory Optimization Services
- WINMAR Owen Sound – WINMAR’s Owen Sound Branch
- Accountable Inc. – Full Service London Accounting Firm
- Web Solar Supplies – Solar Electric Products E-Commerce Store
- Forest City Lawyers – Highly Respected London Law Firm
- Marshall Murray Inc. – Quantity Surveyor & Development Consulting Engineering
- Pro Fund Mortgages – Fully Equipped Mortgage & Private Lending Services
- Restoration Design Inc. – Quality Custom Porsche Automobile Panel Producers
- Restoration Design Europe – European Distributor for Porsche Panels
- Innovations in Hair – London Based Full Service Hair Salon
- R.G. Peel Construction – Professional Landscaping, Excavation & Snow Removal
YOU GET A LOT, FOR A LITTLE
I have a tremendous amount of respect for design agencies. They have paved the path for technology, usability, functionality and design through dedicated teams of innovators and hard workers. I use many of these tools, scripts, frameworks and themes in my own work. For certain companies, these agencies provide a necessary high-end service that will deliver consistent results with incredible user support and truly custom features.
What many people don’t realize is you can achieve a great deal of the high-end work an agency provides through a single, experienced individual. An agency may have a team of multiple coders, designers, project leads, marketers, advertisers and outsourced specialty services. While they provide the most flexibility, I would argue that the majority of web projects required by small and medium businesses only need the knowledge of one person.
I believe that through the last 10 years of experience, I have developed the tools required to serve most client needs. I am constantly learning, and find it a great pleasure to evolve alongside the fast-paced industry. All of my work and time is heavily documented, and direct client contact with myself is a priority so that you are comfortable and satisfied from the start to finish of a project.
Many people love to withhold their rates, while it is perhaps the most important factor in a clients decision. Like any service, there can be fluctuation in project completion times. I will almost always honour the original project quote I give, and even do the final work free of charge if we exceed the quote. If you have a budget from $250-$2500 for design, and $1500-$7500 for website solutions – then I believe the building blocks of a great project are available.
For 2016, my rates will be fixed between $35-50 an hour depending on the level of service. Basic graphic design will be charged at a lower rate than web development, coding and critical design. Contact me today for a discussion and meeting.