Mike Doyle Design Studio was officially launched in January 2012 and has seen increasing success from a simple combination of professional and dedicated service at a very modest price point. My goal is to create a direct and sustainable relationship with clients and promote long term value for everyone involved.
A BRIEF HISTORY
Mike Doyle Design Studio was officially launched in January 2012. I began designing on a computer as a hobby in 1995 and eventually earned a paid position in 2004 for the Bluewater Recycling Association. Over the next 8 years, I gained valuable experience in many different mediums and formats. The most important realization was that I simply loved the work involved. A difficult decision was made to postpone enrollment in an MBA program, but I saw an immediate opportunity.
I applied the knowledge gained from a business degree in commercial studies to realize a unique niche market for small and medium businesses was growing: Companies that desired the branding, design and web presence reflecting their mission – at a budget under $5,000. Larger design agencies will often quote too much for many basic services, while many local freelance solutions produced low-quality, inconsistent work.
Fast forward 3 years later and the company has seen increasing success derived from a simple combination of clean, personal & modern services at a modest price point. In a saturated design market, my goal is to create a direct and sustainable relationship with customers. I value the trust of long term clients, and aim to provide a dependable, flexible and affordable solution.
In September 2015, we moved to Kingston Ontario due to a career opportunity in the ‘family’. I aim to bring the same level of service, dedication and detail to the local businesses and organizations in the area. It is an exciting new opportunity, and one I believe will lead to growth. I still deal with many long term clients in the London, Guelph, Burlington, Toronto & Scarborough areas – so I consider myself an ‘Ontario-based’ developer!
- HTML5 Web Design
- WordPress Web Design
- Custom Blog Design
- Landing Page Design
- One Page Web Design
- Responsive & Fluid Layout Designs
- Mobile Retina Friendly Web Design
- MIVA Merchant eCommerce Site
- Magento eCommerce Site
- CMS Driven Sites (DNN/Joomla/Drupal)
- Logo Design
- Vector Graphic Design
- Advertisement Design
- Product Packaging Design
- Billboard & Road Signage
- Floorplan Layout Design
- Website Skinning Design
- Photograph Manipulation
- Newspaper & Magazine Ads
- Company Branding Design
- Website Maintenance Services
- Search Engine Optimization
- Branding Strategies
- Professional Photography Packages
- Hosting Migration & Support
- Constant Contact & Mailchimp Services
- Facebook & Twitter Social Pages
- Proof Reading & Copywriting
- Business Plans & Competitive Analysis
- 24/7 Availability with no *Rush Charges*
- Xtivity Inc. – Global Inventory Optimization Services
- Accountable Inc. – Full Service London Accounting Firm
- A1 Solar Electric – Solar Electric Products E-Commerce Store
- Forest City Lawyers – Highly Respected London Law Firm
- Metrozen Capital Inc. – Syndicated Mortgage Company
- Marshall Murray Inc. – Quantity Surveyor & Development Consulting Engineering
- Pro Fund Mortgages – Fully Equipped Mortgage & Private Lending Services
- Restoration Design Inc. – Quality Custom Porsche Automobile Panel Producers
- Restoration Design Europe – European Distributor for Porsche Panels
- Bluewater Recycling Association – Recycling Collection & Material Recovery Facility
- Community Living Central Huron – Community Living Support Network Agency
- Innovations in Hair – London Based Full Service Hair Salon
- R.G. Peel Construction – Professional Landscaping, Excavation & Snow Removal
- 9 is fine – Landing Page for Investment Opportunities
YOU GET A LOT, FOR A LITTLE
I have a tremendous amount of respect for design agencies. They have paved the path for technology, usability, functionality and design through dedicated teams of innovators and hard workers. I use many of these tools, scripts, frameworks and themes in my own work. For certain companies, these agencies provide a necessary high-end service that will deliver consistent results with incredible user support and truly custom features.
What many people don’t realize is you can achieve a great deal of the high-end work an agency provides through a single, experienced individual. An agency may have a team of multiple coders, designers, project leads, marketers, advertisers and outsourced specialty services. While they provide the most flexibility, I would argue that the majority of web projects required by small and medium businesses only need the knowledge of one person.
I believe that through the last 10 years of experience, I have developed the tools required to serve most client needs. I am constantly learning, and find it a great pleasure to evolve alongside the fast-paced industry. All of my work and time is heavily documented, and direct client contact with myself is a priority so that you are comfortable and satisfied from the start to finish of a project.
Many people love to withhold their rates, while it is perhaps the most important factor in a clients decision. Like any service, there can be fluctuation in project completion times. I will almost always honour the original project quote I give, and even do the final work free of charge if we exceed the quote. If you have a budget from $250-$2500 for design, and $1500-$7500 for website solutions – then I believe the building blocks of a great project are available.
For 2016, my rates will be fixed between $35-50 an hour depending on the level of service. Basic graphic design will be charged at a lower rate than web development, coding and critical design. Contact me today for a discussion and meeting.
A COMPUTER SCREEN CAN MAKE A BEAUTIFUL CANVAS.
Over the past few years, I have compiled a fantastic list of clients. Each project presented a unique challenge and I am proud to call many of these people friends. Check back soon for project spotlights, testimonials, and hundreds of work examples in this section.
IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR…
All that’s left is a contact form.